When You upgrade a computer to Windows Vista or Windows 7 Beta, or install Windows Vista Service Pack, and after a restart, the computers CD/DVD drive no longer works as expected, or it says driver is not digitally signed, you will have to remove the affected filter drivers.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Registry for editing (Regedit.exe).
- Locate, and then click the following registry sub key:
To make sure that you are in the appropriate registry sub key, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
- In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
- Do the same to the LowerFilters
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
That it, The CD/DVD should now be working as expected.