Configuration Manager 2007 R2 offers two options when it comes to reporting. The classical reports and SQL Reporting Services. This post will explain how you assign permissions to both solutions.
- Add the user/group to the local SMS Reporting Users group on the Reporting Point
- In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to Security and assign the User/Group Read permissions on the Reporting Class.
SQL Reporting Services
- Open the SQL Reporting Services website http://server/reports
- For SQL Reporting Services 2008 R2, Click Folder Settings.
- For SQL Reporting Services 2008, Click Properties.
- Click New Role Assignment
- Assign the Browser role for all users/groups who requires Read permissions
- Assign Content Manager role for all administrators
- Click OK. The permissions are automatically published to Configuration Manager.