Ryan and his team has done it again! They have released a replacement for the built-in “Runbook Automation Activity”
The replacement uses Path instead of ID to identify the runbooks.
- Transfer between environments
- Duplicate offerings and point them to test/dev/prod
- It is easy to replace a runbook with a new version
- Much more
- No strict relationship between runbook and SCSM, which makes it possible to replace a runbook (also a pro!)
- No support on codeplex code for the activity. but source is available!
Ryan has published a blog article that describes it in detail:
and the project can be found here:
Thanks a lot ! and keep up the (very) good work!