SCCM Client Actions Tool PowerShell Edition aka PoshCAT is a practical and simple PowerShell application for performing most common day-to-day administrative tasks on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Clients. The tool allows running actions remotely on one or more computers simultaneously. A list of computers can be provided either from a file (CSV, TXT) or loaded from Configuration Manager Collection importer or through Add Computer prompt.
You can find the old version from here SCCMCAT – https://sccmcat.codeplex.com/ by Christjan Schumann.
Please read the documentation first and blog posts!
Please read this post how to install PoshCAT – How to Install PoshCAT
Building PoshCAT Part 1 – Create different Client Actions lists – http://blog.ctglobalservices.com/kaj/building-poshcat-part-1-create-different-client-actions-lists/
Building PoshCAT Part 2 – Adding your own custom functions http://blog.ctglobalservices.com/kaj/building-poshcat-part-2-adding-your-own-custom-functions/
Building PoshCAT Part 3 – Enabling PowerShell Remoting through Group Policy for PoshCAT http://blog.ctglobalservices.com/kaj/building-poshcat-part-3-enabling-powershell-remoting-through-group-policy-for-poshcat/
· Multithreaded – 10 jobs at one time
· CSV reporting
· Configuration Manager 2012 Collection browser
· Configuration file for Client Actions
· Possibility to add own functions
· Support for two different job types
· Ability to create different Client Actions sets for different Support groups
· Alternate Credentials Support
· Active Directory Connector
Currently the tasks that can be performed are classified by 7 categories:
· Hardware Inventory Cycle
· Software Inventory Cycle
· Discovery Data Collection Cycle (Send DDR)
· Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle
· Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle
· Software Updates Scan Cycle
· File Collection Cycle
· Windows Installer Source List Update Cycle
· Software Metering Usage Report Cycle
· Desired Configuration Manager Cycle
· Application Machine Policy Cycle
· Application Global Evaluation Cycle
· Get ConfigMgr Client Management Point
· Restart SMS Agent Host service
· Get SMS Agent Host Service State
· Reassign ConfigMgr Client Site Code
· Create a new SMSCFG.ini file
· Reset ConfigMgr Client policies
· Repair ConfigMgr Client
· Uninstall ConfigMgr Client
· Install ConfigMgr Client
· Get ConfigMgr Client Inventory Dates
· Get ConfigMgr Client Cache Information
· Remove ConfigMgr Client Cache Items
· Set ConfigMgr Client Cache Size
· Reset WMI Repository
· Salvage WMI Repository
· Get WMI Repository State
· Get Admin$ Share Status
· Get ConfigMgr Client WSUS Content Location
· Get Windows Update Agent Version
· Get Missing Updates
· Install Missing Updates
· Query Updates Status
· Start Endpoint Protection Full Scan
· Get Endpoint Protection Applied Policies
· Get Endpoint Protection Last Scan Date
· Get APP-V Client Packages
· Get APP-V Client Configuration
· Get APP-V Client Version
· Enable APP-V Client Package Scripts
· Get ConfigMgr Client Available Applications
· Restart Computer
· Shut down Computer
· Ping Computer
· Get Reboot Pending State
· Log off current user
· Get logged-on user
· Get system uptime
· Get Applied Group Policies
· Refresh Group Policies
· Get Free Disk Space
· Windows Management Framework 3.0
· Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 or newer
· Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012
· Administrative Permissions
· PowerShell Remoting
CORETECH A/S SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
These license terms are an agreement between Coretech A/S and you. Please read them. They apply to the software you are downloading from Coretech.dk, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Coretech A/S updates for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your devices.
2. Scope of License. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Coretech reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not
· Work around any technical limitations in the binary versions of the software;
· reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the binary versions of the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
· make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
· publish the software for others to copy;
· rent, lease or lend the software;
· transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
3. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
4. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is “as is,” we may not provide support services for it.
5. Entire Agreement. This agreement, and the terms for supplements and updates that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
6. Applicable Law.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
7. Legal Effect. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty. The software is licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it. CORETECH A/S gives no express warranties, guarantees or
You can download the tool and documentation from here