Today I just finished typing the last word in my upcoming book titled System Center 2012 Configuration Manager: Mastering the Fundamentals. The book is published by Deploymentartist.com and will be available on Amazon from Mid-June. The book will also be available for Kindle a few weeks later. Once the book is published we will also publish a Hydration kit that you can use to build thesame virtual ConfigMgr environment used in the book. You will also be granted access to download the scripts and sample files used in the book.
On this journey of writing I got help from two outstanding ConfigMgr experts. Peter Daalmans assisted as co-writer on some of the chapters and Kaido “the PowerShell Wizard of Estonia” Järvemets assisted with creating PowerShell support for most of the daily administrative tasks that you are faced with, as a ConfigMgr administrator.
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager: Mastering the Fundamentals
This is the ultimate source for the working IT Professional who wants to design and implement System Center 2012 Configuration Manager in a midsize- or small-business environment. Enterprise administrators also will find a lot inspiration by reading the book, as many of the features and scenarios discussed fit all three environments. The book is packed with real-world scenarios taken from 15 years of experience with SMS and ConfigMgr projects. By following the book from A-Z, you will end up with a ConfigMgr environment that is based on best practices and production ready.
With this book you will learn how to
- Install and configure SQL Server so it is tailor-made for Configuration Manager 2012
- Install and design a ConfigMgr primary site
- Install and maintain clients
- Work with applications and packages
- Plan for and implement a patch management solution including third-party updates
- Plan and implement System Center Endpoint Protection
- Deploy operating systems with ConfigMgr and MDT 2012
- Migrate from ConfigMgr 2007
- Work with settings management
- Handle backup and recovery
- Apply basic and advanced troubleshooting techniques