Collections not being refreshed in ConfigMgr 2012 R2

Case, old collections do not refresh when adding or removing objects to the collection. New collections are updated, it just takes a long time. Looking in the colleval.log file there was a lot of errors like this:

*** exec dbo.sp_TransferMembership ‘PS100014’, 0    SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR    02-06-2014 23:14:36    7392 (0x1CE0)
*** [23000][547][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The INSERT statement conflicted with the CHECK constraint "ClientOfferStatus_ItemKey_Partition_CK". The conflict occurred in database "CM_PS1", table "dbo.ClientOfferStatus", column ‘ItemKey’. : CollectionMembers_ins_upd_del    SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR    02-06-2014 23:14:36    7392 (0x1CE0)
CCollectionSource_SQL::RefreshResults – could not execute SQL cmd exec dbo.sp_TransferMembership ‘PS100014’, 0    SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR    02-06-2014 23:14:36    7392 (0x1CE0)
STATMSG: ID=601 SEV=E LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR_AUXILIARY_EVALUATOR" SYS=Alkapcm001NEW.alkait.net SITE=PS1 PID=5644 TID=7392 GMTDATE=ma jun 02 21:14:36.129 2014 ISTR0="exec dbo.sp_TransferMembership ‘PS100014’, 0" ISTR1="" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0    SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR    02-06-2014 23:14:36    7392 (0x1CE0)
[Auxiliary Evaluator] Error refreshing collection, will retry momentarily [PS100014, Error 0xb]    SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR    02-06-2014 23:14:36    7392 (0x1CE0)
STATMSG: ID=2511 SEV=E LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR_AUXILIARY_EVALUATOR" SYS=Alkapcm001NEW.alkait.net SITE=PS1 PID=5644 TID=7392 GMTDATE=ma jun 02 21:14:36.136 2014 ISTR0="PS100014" ISTR1="" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=1 AID0=402 AVAL0="PS100014"    SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR    02-06-2014 23:14:36    7392 (0x1CE0)

Looking at the error message, you will see useful information like the collection id and a conflict. It turned out that “someone” added a reference to the x64 Unknown computer account and that rule was the causing all the issues.

image

After removing the object from the collection, the collection evaluator begun processing all the other collection changes that had been queuing up for weeks,

image

By | 2014-06-03T12:26:49+00:00 June 3rd, 2014|Configuration Manager (SCCM)|7 Comments

About the Author:

Kent Agerlund
Microsoft Regional Director, Enterprise Mobility MVP. Microsoft Certified Trainer and Principal consultant. I have been working with Enterprise client management since 1992. Co-founder of System Center User Group Denmark in 2009. Certified MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, MCSA+Messaing, and much more. Member of: Microsoft Denmark System Center Partner Expert Team The Danish Technet Influencers program System Center Influencers Program.

7 Comments

  1. Nash June 6, 2014 at 15:41 - Reply

    Any idea why this would even cause a problem? Adding a direct membership rule for the built-in computer objects (Unknown x86 and x64) seems like its supported since the GUI lists them.

  2. […] Agerlund blogs about troubleshooting issue with collection updates in Configuration Manager […]

  3. […] Agerlund blogs about troubleshooting issue with collection updates in Configuration Manager […]

  4. Damir July 16, 2014 at 10:20 - Reply

    Any idea why this would even cause a problem? Adding a direct membership rule for the built-in computer objects (Unknown x86 and x64) seems like its supported since the GUI lists them.
    Could you comment this, guys?

  5. Richard October 8, 2014 at 15:31 - Reply

    We had the same issue and removing recently added Unknown computer objects from a collection fixed it for us. The error also showed up in the colleval.log. We are running SCCM 2012 R2 without a cumulative update.

  6. […] Incremental Collections You Have2. ConfigMgr 2012 Script for Incremental Collection threshold3. Collections not being refreshed in ConfigMgr 2012 R24. Constant hourglass on some collections. Colleval.log […]

  7. Jon January 4, 2017 at 15:48 - Reply

    I didn’t see the errors in my log file, but I went through and checked each collection for the unknown computer reference until I found it. Removed it from the collection and all other collections started working normally again.
    Thank you for the info!!

Leave A Comment