Microsoft Application Error Reporting – download http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a950a427-d16c-4379-b641-2f319a69f70d&displaylang=en
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) – download:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en
Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0 Service Pack 1 – download:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d21c292c-368b-4ce1-9dab-3e9827b70604&displaylang=en
Notice: There is no x64 support yet, rumor has it that it will be available in 2010
The Desktop client supports Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista. It’s part of the MDOP installation kit
The Terminal Services client support Windows 2003 terminal services and Windows 2008 terminal services. You can download the it here: https://licensing.microsoft.com/eLicense/L1033/Default.asp
Client installation files
You can customize the installation by using these command-line options: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc843737.aspx
Deploying the client
- If you have installed Configuration Manager 2007 R2, you can use the definition file AppVirtMgmtClient.sms which is found in X:\Program files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Tools\VirtualApp.
- You can add the client to your image. It doesn’t require any unique values to be removed.
- Deploy the Softgrid-WD-Setup.MSI through Active Directory
- Perform a manually/scripted installation
Configuring the client in Standalone mode
To support scenarios where real time streaming is not an option you can configure client in Standalone mode. You can configure Standalone mode during the installation or after by modifying registry.
- During the installation select Advanced settings and:
- Clear: Require User authorization even when cached
- Select: Allow streaming from file
- Clear: On Launch
- Clear: On Logon
- After the installation, open registry and navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Softgrid\4.5\Client\Configuration